Instructional Model• Instruction will be offered via live, in-person, full-time instruction
• Elementary and middle school cohorting will not be necessary provided students are masked and maintain three feet of distance indoors. There will not be cohorting at the high school levels.
• As a result, students will follow a normal class schedule as they did before the pandemic.
Fine and Performing Arts• The K-12 Performing Arts Department will continue to provide comprehensive and meaningful arts experiences within SED health and safety guidelines.
• Music and arts classes will be organized with a typical year schedule at all levels.
• Ensembles and performing groups will return this school year and will rehearse and perform.
Social-Emotional Learning• Social Emotional support is considered to be an integral part of the North Shore Schools reopening plan.
• Towards that end:
o Additional K-12 Social Workers are being added to enhance student support
o A new social emotional program (RULER) will be implemented in all elementary buildings.
o Monthly SEL themes will be introduced to add student support
School Events• The district will explore when and whether to hold events (remotely or in person) outside the school day dependent upon prevailing health and weather conditions. This will include (but not be limited to) such events as concerts, performances, parent teacher conferences and PTA/PTO meetings.
• Back to School night will be held virtually for all five buildings. Specific instructions from Building Principals will follow shortly.
• Fall social events, including barbecues, circuses and outdoor movie nights will be postponed until spring.
• The district intends to welcome visitors to its buildings, on a limited basis, with prudent health and safety parameters. All visitors will be required to wear masks in all indoor spaces and maintain physical distancing guidelines. All visits must be cleared by the building principal.